- Privacy Principles. All personal information shall be collected, maintained, used or disclosed taking full account of all 13 Australian Privacy Principles as laid out in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which amends the Privacy Act 1988. For the latest versions of these Acts visit the ComLaw website: www.comlaw.gov.au. These will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Usage. Personal information will only be used for the express purpose for which it was originally collected unless permission has been obtained from the individual concerned to do otherwise.
- Access. Access to all personal information will be documented on a register and access must be authorised by Pete Faulkner GAICD.
- Availability to individual concerned. All personal information collected (unless that information is required or authorised to be maintained confidential) is to be made available to the individual to whom it relates when requested to do so by that individual. Individuals may also request correction of any information held by us.
- Period of maintenance. All personal information, in any format, will be destroyed no later than 12 months following the last date on which that information was accessed for the express purpose for which it was originally collected.
- Disclosure. Personal information shall only be disclosed to individuals or organisations for which the concerned individual has expressly given their permission; or to individuals, organisations or agencies that the individual concerned is reasonably likely to have been aware that information of this type would usually be passed to.
- Security. All reasonable measures will be taken to ensure the security of personal information.